Sunday, November 12, 2006

Thanksgiving

I never understood why people always complained about the holidays. But, now that I am older and have a family of my own, I am becoming keenly aware of why the holidays are so stressful. Why can't we all just get along? We all have our own agendas & through the years, we become less flexible and unwilling to compromise. We are all going to end up old and bitter...a bunch of Scrooges.

My current life ideas-
1. if you don't want drama in your life, then you have to not add drama
2. you can make you happy, no one else can
3. you can't change other people, but you can change yourself.

The big question in my head about my ideas is how to make them work and not be a major pushover & sometimes get things the way I want them. Compromise seems to be something that really helps everyone-but you have to be compromising with people willing to compromise.

Now-here's something else.

We never tell anyone what we truly think of them. I always try and support everyone's decisions and I truly try to see why they make the choices they make. But-I think a lot of people make a lot of bad decisions. I think there are tons of people around them that could help them not fall into pits...but a lot of times, you're told to 'stay out of it', 'don't get involved', etc.