Today my Moms group activity fell through. Kids were sick, moms were busy.
After debating what I should do, I decided to pack up Stephen and hit the beach before the cold front came through. I am so glad I made this decision! We had such a great time! The weather was PERFECT. It was sunny, with a breeze, and in the low 70's. I was in shorts and a t-shirt. Stephen started in pants, but I took the pants off of him when he wanted to go wading like Gracie. It was plently warm for a good wade.
We will do this again. I will do the exact routine again. We went to a pocket park today. It's free, and I suspected it would be empty so I could let Gracie off the leash. I was right. I quickly decided the beach was a great activity for us today. I didn't have to chase Stephen as much as I would in a public place and Gracie could go. Gracie has been begging to go on a car ride & go somewhere...anywhere. I took the jogging stroller and loaded it up. I only had a few toys. You don't need too many toys at the beach. Stephen was happy enough with things at the beach.
After awhile at the beach, I cleaned up Stephen (in the ocean), changed his clothes(in the back of the Montero) and we headed to McAlister's deli for lunch. Lunch was PERFECT. They had mac & cheese for Stephen and a large window to look out onto the beach. I could easily watch the car with Gracie in it.
This was a GREAT morning. I can't wait to do it again with someone and share the fun!
Stephen walking on the beach. He had lots and lots of exploring to do. There were not a lot of places to hide, so I didn't have to stay on top of him the whole time. However, I did because I did see some jellyfish & wanted to make sure he knew those were "danger".
Cute close-up. Look at the blue, blue, warm sky!
Walking, Gracie close behind. Good dog, huh??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment