Thursday, April 22, 2010

A look back

When I was pregnant with Joshua, I posted this to my blog:



I would like this baby to:

*eat just like Stephen. He's not a picky eater.

*Few temper tantrums, just like Stephen

*Not very many dare-devil moments just like Stephen

*Have Stephen's overall good health

*breastfeed easily like Stephen did

I would like for this baby to:

*sleep through the night reliably many, many months before Stephen did

*be more comfortable with other caregivers

Okay-so--that's easy. Right????

Well, Joshua is not a very, very picky eater, but he isn't as open minded about food as Stephen tends to be. Joshua is very much a sugar addict. I currently have a note from his teacher taped to the fridge that states that Joshua liked the brownies at lunch more than the pizza.
Joshua is on the border of temper tantrum age. He tends to be more willing to put up a fight for something, I currently worry that his lack of words is going to lead to more behavior difficulties. Joshua is not talking as much as Stephen was at this point.
Joshua is much more of a dare-devil than Stephen. He flies through the foyer & dives onto the stair landing. He hangs onto Gracie hoping for a little thrill ride from her. But, he does have limits, so hopefully I won't be in the emergency room with him....uhhh... ever :-) knock on wood!
I do think Joshua has good overall health. My closest friends and family my laugh at this right now. He's had so many ear infections that I have long lost count of the Dr visits and antibiotic rounds. I fear it has affected his speech development. But, the child is achieving his milestones development and growth wise. Maybe even surpassing expectations.
Joshua breastfed easily, for over a year, like Stephen. Excellent money save!
We have had much less stress over Joshua's sleeping habits and routines. But, he didn't sleep through the night reliably until a year?? Maybe less. But better than Stephen's 18 months.
Joshua is much more comfortable with other people.

Well, Sean just got home again! Yeah! Maybe I can update this blog more often....tomorrow....

No comments: