Wednesday, October 24, 2007
There's a Heartbeat
We went for a doctor's appointment last week. The nurse escorted Sean and I to the room where my doctor does the ultrasounds. She turned the machine on and left the room. Sean and I were left waiting for what seemed like forever. I had some spotting that morning. I was feeling so confident about things being OKay...until that morning. After what seemed like an eternity, the doctor came in & showed us the baby, the perfect little heart beating, the perfect gestational sac, a healthy cervix, and gave us every reassurance that everything was fine. Great. We may have a May baby. Things are going well. When I came home, I ordered a doppler off of heartones.com. I was able to hear the baby's heartbeat before 10wks of pregnancy. So, everytime I have a fear now, I can turn on my machine & hear a heartbeat and rest knowing everything is fine. It's the most beautiful sound. I can't beat that in my music. Now I wait for the 20 week ultrasound for possible health concerns...but for now, we've crossed one hurdle.
