Wednesday, April 15, 2009

He's Walking!

Joshua took his first unsupported steps today!

Here the way it went down:

This my parents were here. My Mom said she caught him taking a step to go from one support item to another in his cruising. I told her, in a loving, joking way, that she didn't see anything until I saw something. :-)

Last night, while Stephen was playing t-ball, I was playing with Joshua on the sidelines. I was holding Joshua up, but snuck my hands away. He stood there for quite awhile. However, when he figured out I wasn't holding on, he lost trust in me and wouldn't even stand up without totally leaning on me. :-)

Today I held Joshua up, got him balanced and let go and he took two steps to walk towards me. I thought that was pretty cool, but, I wasn't totally sure that was what he was doing, or if he was falling and taking steps at the same time.

THEN-

I told Uncle Brandon I thought Joshua took steps today when we went to their place for dinner. After dinner, I was playing with Joshua in the grass and I had everyone watch to see if he would walk again. So, I propped him up and let go and he took 3 very controlled steps to me!

SO-
Joshua is starting to walk. WOW. I will get video as soon as my hands are not in catching mode!

No comments: