The project started a day late & has been one hassle after another. I see why people have such a hard time in major renovation projects! Mrs. Type A had a really hard time with things being out of place after 7 days. To be fair, I was only expecting 4 days-but, I still really struggled to keep cool. Things could function fine in our house-but clutter and stuff out of place really gets to me. I was nice to everyone, though.
Going in:
Picture of sub-floor
This is Stephen heaven! Tools and stuff!
To get to the final stage was really hard. The guy that did the work, Alan, had his car wrecked on the Friday the job was supposed to start...which is why he didn't start until Saturday. Then, his kid had a fever. Then the fever got bad and the kid ended up in the hospital. The kid is spending tonight in the hospital. He has ear drainage and a 104 fever. Apparently he is completely dehydrated.
I have too many feelings about the job. I don't like that they said they would be here at 8 & not come until 11...but, there was a kid in the hospital. I hate that I kept getting told things would be done & something delayed everytime they left teh house. Every time they said they would be gone for 10 minutes, they were gone for 2 hours. Maybe the owner could have reassigned the job? Why did the worker work with a kid in the hospital? Maybe he had to have the money? Then good that I stayed with it...
My heart is torn. I really don't think the guy does a bad job. I think he communicates badly...like, not telling us we wouldn't be able to walk on the floors for 12 hours & all of my clothes were...well, it required walking on the tile. BUt, I was happy to treat myself to new pajamas at Target that night.
Anyways...
Final product! The boys really like how balls work in the room now! :-)
Actually, the room is almost done. They are going to come back and seal the grout tomorrow (as a nice gesture for how long it took). Apparently the seal will make the grout even darker. I hope the guy's kid is better in the hospital. I want to sit and have a beer with the owner and figure out why this guy is going through this? IS this something I just don't understand because I am not a blue collar worker?

2 comments:
I have two guesses on the why he is working with a kid in the hospital. 1. He has to make the money and knows that if he doesn't he won't be able to pay the bill.
2. He has previously missed allot of work and he knows their are 3 guys ready and able to do his job as well as he can so even with a kid in the hospital it's not enough of an excuse for the owner not to go ahead and hire the next guy, it's contract work you only get jobs if you go to them.
Blue collar stinks, someone is always available to take your job if you aren't there doing it.
I LOVE the wood look tile! Great pic! Next time go with a hotter oops I mean more reliable contractor... heeehee I can give you an excellent referral! ;o)
Post a Comment