Tuesday, May 06, 2014
My ACL surgery prep
Some things that I did to prepare for surgery that really helped:
1.) I took time to buy shorts that could go out in public and be pajamas
2.) I bought shirts that matched skirts I already own and bought more long skirts
3.) I got my toenails painted and payed a little extra to get a design painted on them
4.) I made sure I got lots of workouts in, arm strength has been critical post surgery, quad strength is key to recovery
5.) I made arrangements for my mom to come into town
6.) I got ahead at work
7.) Came up with a plan to get up and down stairs since all of our bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs
8.) I had crutches at home already, but, I still asked for the crutches I would get from the surgery. This way I have crutches upstairs and downstairs. Since I have a rowdy dog, it has been a good plan to scoot myself upstairs and use only the handrails and arm strength to get down
Some things that are fortunate I had:
1.) Flexibility to touch my toes (easier to get dressed when you can't bend your knee)
2.) Coordination with crutches
Things that came into place:
1.) Bought a stool for the shower and Glad cling wrap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment