Saturday, September 22, 2007

New Ticker

Here is the new ticker I have that uses the due date my doctor gave me, May 23rd.

LilypieExpecting a baby Ticker

Here is the e-mail I sent to my friends to describe the appointment:

My appt. was WEIRD.

So weird.

First, the doc tells me he won't see anything different in my exam because it's
too early-
my cervix won't have changed and my uterus won't be enlarged. Hmmm. Okay. So,
he
does the exam and says that he was right... my cervix is closed & my uterus is normal sized (not enlarged yet) & that I have
a cyst on
my right ovary-so, we know I ovulated from my right ovary (that's kinda cool to
know).

SO, he says the blood test will be his way of seeing levels of HCG & I am off to
the blood
draw place.

I leave just frantic. I am thinking, "I did only use one brand of test", "I
haven't tested
recently",

So, I go to CVS, pick up a test, run by the church and take it & it pops up
preggo fast. So,
with water logged urine (drank lots of water for urine test), in the middle of
the afternoon,
First response quickly told me I was preggo. So, I must have a decent concentration of HCG.

I go get my blood drawn & since my anxiety is at an all time high I get a little
nausea &
have to lay back down after the blood is drawn (I always have to lay down during
the blood
draw)

So-I really don't come home feeling everything is great-but not bad, either. I
just need
time. The doc did say I could have my heartbeat US earlier. Instead of his
usual 9 weeks,
he'll do mine at 8wks (without me even asking him too). He said I could count
on a May
baby, things would go well...he was re-assuring.

When I left, they gave my the hospital registration stuff...but didn't set my
next appt!
UGH! So, I figure I will wait until Tuesday, call & get my HCG level & get a
reaction or non-
reaction about setting my next appointment.

I think this is mostly an appt problem. The appt person set my 1st appt too
early & didn't
set this appt! BUT-at least I'll get an earlier US out of the deal..meaning, if
it is a MC, at
least I will know one week earlier...but I reallly think God wants me to see a
heartbeat
earlier to help me relax earlier.

I am starting to have more bb pain. I hope that continues to strengthen over
the next
couple of days. That will help me get through the weekend. Really, though, I
feel
confident.