Thursday, January 24, 2008

23 Weeks today!

I can hardly believe that I am 23 weeks pregnant today. I can hardly believe that my medium sized t-shirts are pulling around my belly. Strangers are now very comfortable asking me when I am due. It's obvious that I am pregnant. It's obvious to everyone. On my scale at home, I started at 152 pounds (just 2 pounds over 150 that let me compete as an Athena in triathlons!) During this last week, I have weighed as high as 162, but most days have been 160.0. SO-I am going to say that I have gained 8 pounds. I lost 7 pounds at the very beginning of pregnancy due to loss of appetite, but not nausea. By Christmas I had gained it all back. Christmas itself put me well into the positives. The time between Christmas and New Years is where 7 of my pounds came from. Thankfully the gaining seems to have slowed down. My doctor's comment was, "looks like you had a good Christmas." What a funny guy.

So, if baby comes on my due date, I have 17 weeks. Wow. I second child in 17 weeks. Our family will be completed in 17 weeks. Pregnancy will only be a thing of the past in 17 weeks. I am trying to cherish this moment. My belly is there, the baby moves, this is fun. I am not fat all over, the baby isn't jammed into my ribs, and I can still sit up from a lying down position, I can bend down and tie my shoes.

My interesting thing this week is my funny little belly button right now. I took a picture of it yesterday so I can always remember it. It has a weird lip hanging down from the top of it. Belly button change is so funny to me. I like that it's not a deep cavern now. I hope when I am not pregnant, I can get myself in good enough shape to lose the deep cavern....


To get this picture up, I set the camera on timer and took the picture. I then got the card, put it in the computer, was getting ready to post it & realized I had a pants mark on my belly. Beth agreed to edit it out for me, so, I e-mailed the picture to her. We were talking on the phone and she told me she the picture had not come yet. So, I checked my sent box to make sure I did everything correctly. Sure enough, I had not sent the picture to Beth. I sent the picture to Sean at work. OOPS! When we realized my mistake, we laughed and laughed and laughed. If I could have seen Sean's face and heard his thoughts when he opened up that e-mail....
The e-mail I got from Sean stated, "thanks for that, I guess..." Oh-so funny.

1 comment:

Sean said...

let's just say I'm glad there was no one in my cube when that picture came in. I'd have a hard time explaining that one!