This is a funny Sean/ Stephen story.
Last week I returned to conducting my handbell choir after the holiday break. I had dinner prepared for the family, ate dinner with them, and then left. I left early so I could have new music ready to go for the choir before rehearsal. I left feeling bad there was so much work for Sean to do by himself & that Stephen seemed a little more active than usual.
When I came home, Sean was not on the couch watching his latest Netflix rental. I asked him what was wrong. Then the story began to unravel.
Apparently, after I left, Sean used the restroom and then proceeded to do dishes. Stephen seemed quite happy entertaining himself. At one point, Sean asked Stephen what he was doing. Stephen quickly replied that he was playing in the water. Stephen has taken a liking to "fishing" in our fish tank, so his answer wasn't unusual. But, Sean, being the good Dad that he is, decided to check on him just to make sure things weren't going down a bad road.
That is where Sean's night turned upside down. Sean walked into our foyer to see Stephen happily playing in the water. The water that was all over the foyer floor because the toilet flushed & didn't stop flushing & flooded all over the place. Stephen was having a grand time playing in the new waterpark forming in our house. What a grand play scheme for a two year old! Hey-he was honest-he told Daddy he was playing in the water.
So, Sean got Stephen out of the water and proceeded to clean up water world. Apparently Stephen was realy good about staying out of the way. Sean was going back and forth dumping water from the foyer into the kitchen sink. He thinks he pulled 7 steam cleaner containers of water out of our foyer. Thank goodness we have a tile foyer. On one trip to the kitchen, Sean noticed that chocolate milk was pooling around the base of the refridgerator. Apparently Stephen had knocked over a cup of milk when he was helping put away dinner leftovers. SO, another mess.
Sean still got Stephen to bed on time and continued to clean the foyer.
I was taking my time at handbells and talking with people after rehearsal. I talked and talked and talked. I had no idea things were blowing up at home. I told Sean that he should call me next time so I could help him.
When I got home, Sean has the refridgerator out and is cleaning behind it. He starts to tell the whole story and I can not keep from laughing. Together we stayed up cleaning for another hour or so. Quite a far cry from enjoying the latest Netflix rental.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment