Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Update

I have really slowed down in my social online outlets. Sean and I have started Weight Watchers and have been spending lots of online time logging in our foods.

I had a realization tonight that I thought was kind of comical. But, I must go through the steps of what brought me to my realization.

I have talked about the whole dieting process with lots of people. I talk a lot. I know many people who have had lots of success with Weight Watchers. On Sunday I talked to one of my Mommy friends in the church room for nursing Moms. Her child is on antibiotics and was getting diaper rash. So, she was talking about how she has been eating a lot of yogurt to give her son some good bacteria through her breastmilk. It made me start to think about a breastfeeding/weightloss book that a social Mom gave me. It talks about what nutrient levels are affected with your intake and which ones your body regulates, no matter what you eat.

Tonight I was talking with Beth. She is having a good time watching Sean and me go through this dieting experience. This is really our first diet plan. Beth really knows a lot about food and diet. She has a strong success story under her belt. I was telling her that I get this funny little cramp kind of feeling every night since I have started this diet. She told me that it's the fiber.

I don't do anything halfway. I am all into this diet. I want to succeed. But, I also want my ice cream. So, we found this magnificent bread at the grocery store that has 5 g (at least) of fiber PER SLICE. So, that is ZERO points. So, you can eat as much of this bread that you want. I have had a sandwich with it everyday, saving myself 3 points, half of the points I need for my nightly ice cream. Cool. I can have my cake and eat it too & not starve all day long.

So, today happened.

Joshua woke up at 7am, just like normal.
He didn't really take a first nap. He kind of snoozed in Sean's arms.
Then, he didn't take a second nap. He snoozed a little while I was nursing him.
HE has done this before & usually takes an awesome afternoon nap.
So, I was planning on a great afternoon nap. He would snooze, poop, snooze, poop, snooze poop...I had 5 dirty diapers & spent about an hour trying to get him to sleep deeply enough I could put him in his crib.
Then tonight, I am trying to get him to bed earlier than normal, since he really hasn't slept, and lo and behold, he starts to drift off and POOP! Then it all hits me like a brick. Could it be a ton of FIBER that he is getting from MOMMY and her crazy new colon blow bread and nutty diet plans???? PROBABLY. OVERACHIEVER.

Well, thank goodness Sean had the day off because of the tropical storm. Joshua not napping didn't really mess with my calmness that badly.
Today we had sandwiches for lunch and for dinner. We had the most delicious weight watchers curry chicken sandwiches. Oh wow. I was thinking double whammy, but now I realize, that is a triple whammy. TWO servings of colon blow bread AND curry. I am screwed tomorrow, there is no way Joshua is going to have time to sleep in between all the pooping sessions. I might as well take out stock in Pampers.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Oh friend... you crack me up! I am on that WW bandwagon and it is tough. I'll be praying for you. Don't get too worked up over it if it is going to mess up Joshua and your calmness and schedules. You'll find a happy balance. Hang in there! :)

TG said...

I am so cracked up right now. You are too funny. Thanks for sharing! :) Still laughing hard....

BethCupitt said...

ok, trade the ice cream tonight for a chunk of cheese and see what happens! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for giving us both the skinny and da poop on dieting. Colon blow bread. That's awesome!

Moore Family said...

Good luck on WW! I am happy to share my ideas!! Stay away from Fiber One bars, or you might also have a gassy baby!!!

Sarah said...

Haha That is one of the funniest mommy stories I have heard in a while! I am just wondering where to find this 'colon blow bread' and should I ask my local grocer for it by that specific name?!?! ;)