But, first, I have a cute picture of Stephen:

My story.
On Monday, the roof of my mouth hurt. I thought it was an odd sensation, but didn't think much more of it. Then, I went to teach bassoon lessons. I started my warm-up with my first student and just about died. I had a sinus infection. The pressure that is in your head when you play bassoon really emphasized what was going on. after three hours of teaching and playing, my face was throbbing.
The timing on this situation was good, though. I had an OB appointment on Tuesday and knew I could get some help. It was all I could think about. My face hurt. I couldn't smile and my left cheekbone felt like it was going to burst under the pressure. I got called to the back and was asked to do the standard urine test. So, I went into the bathroom, sat down, peed, and blew my nose. I completely forgot to catch urine in a cup! OOOPS! I had to come out and tell the nurse what I had done. The whole point of going to the bathroom is to do the urine test! I have done this countless times, yet totally forgot this time. Oh well. No one seemed to to worried about it. I even forgot to try again on the way out.
The doctor did give me some antibiotic to use. He asked me to wait a day or two to see if it would solve itself. By the time I got to the next thing, I decided that I couldn't wait & filled the prescription. Good thing I did. I did not sleep much at all on Tuesday night because of the pain. I didn't feel sick and I could breathe-but it just hurt & tylenol wore off after 5 hours, so I had to wait 3 hours before the next dose according to the directions. I would have been taking more had I not been pregnant....
But! I am healthy now and am thankful for my health!

No comments:
Post a Comment