Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My son's not-so-cute side

Stephen tried something new today. He tried it in public.
Today we went to Sam's club to get some supplies for the playgroup I am hosting at my house tomorrow. They had some food samples today. So, I helped myself to a cupcake portion and gave Stephen a cookie. They were good. By the time we got to the register, Stephen had cookie all over his face. Usually he is pretty clean, but he is congested, so, he has to mouth breathe while eating, which creates drool. I wiped up his face and then went to clean his nose. He did not like that at all. In fact, he started trying to hit me while saying, "bad Mommy."

Well, that was lovely. But, for Stephen, it wasn't enough.

He was still frustrated and still had anger to vent. So, he proceeded to tell the cashier, "bad lady." Oh yeah. That was FUN for Mommy. I got in his face and told him that was "not nice." Then I told him he would get a timeout if he did it again. Thankfully he stopped and proceeded to chatter on about timeout.

I have been busy today and Stephen has just followed me around. I am not surprised he got frustrated and stayed that way for so long. We are going to have to settle down and just do Mommy and Stephen activities pretty soon to make sure he's practicing being nice and having fun. He's still so cute though...I just love his little face.

No comments: