Monday, March 31, 2008

Great Doctor's Appointment

Today I went to the doctor. After 3 doctor's appointments with weight gain "concerns", I finally had a "great job!" appointment. I gained two pounds in three + weeks. Sweet. I do expect that I gained more, but that I weighed heavily on the scale at my last appointment, making this appointment seem smaller. The doctor told me I "wasn't in trouble" this time. He jokes, and really, no one has even been really concerned about my weight. BUT-the last gains haven't been easy for me to mentally digest because I want to be a semi-competitive triathlete sometime after this ordeal. I am up to a total of 22 pounds at 32wks and 4 days. When I asked the nurse how that compares to my gain with Stephen, she looked back & it is exactly the same as my gain with Stephen. I am happy with that, I gained right at 30 pounds with Stephen. I will tell you, however, that I am in much better shape this time, though. I also started this pregnancy nine pounds lighter.

Other news:
*my blood pressure was 100/60...so, working out is helping the cardio system.
*belly measured a week small, again. Maybe I won't have a 9+ poound baby?!? As long as he's healthy....
*he's laying in me diagonally right now, which may be the reason for the pressure I feel on my left pelvic area.

No comments: