Monday, March 03, 2008

3rd trimester hits



OMG the 3rd trimester stuff hit me like a ton of rocks this weekend.

I decided to mow the lawn. I should not have done that. Afterwards, I went to the plant nursery and bought flowers and mulch and did all this great stuff in my backyard. Then, on Sunday afternoon, I had BH everytime I stood up. I started getting worried & just sat. This morning my SIL and I went on a walk & BH started up instantly. However, they did go away half way through the walk. I drank 2+, almost 3 bottles of water before starting..so, dehydration isn't it.

As I am sitting here, my shoes are tight, so my feet must be swelling in them. Vacuuming the house caused a serious sweat. sigh. At the library today, both of my feet fell asleep because I was sitting on the floor with Stephen. Lovely. On the cute side of things, I think I can feel a little baby bottom pushing into my right rib right now. I can rub my belly and distinctly feel what is baby and what is tummy.

My rear is starting to look a little big and the scale is leaping for joy at some extra weight on it. I am trying to make better choices with food right now. I am going to try soda once a week and only a small portion of chocolate (or any dessert for that matter) after dinner...so, only once a day. I am filling sugar cravings with fruit, will try tea for caffeine cravings.

So, I was really proud of myself for being so active & I thought it would really help me re-coop faster post baby & stay better while preggo. But, I think I got my reality call. Pregnancy just poofs your body up. I am going to try my class at the gym tomorrow still...I really hope to keep some sort of workout program until 36-37 wks pregnant. We'll see. Most importantly, I want this baby to be happy growing in my body for at least 10-11 more weeks. I can hit the triathlon business again with time. I can also use this time to train my eating so I can have an athletic body later.

I would also love this baby to have a name soon. I am working with Sean on it. Did you know there is a Felix in the bible? We're not going to go with Felix-but I don't think I had absorbed that name as biblical before...I think I was reading the book of Acts when I came across it.

No comments: