Friday, December 12, 2008

Snow in Houston!!






We can't believe it! But it DID snow in Houston! This is the second time it has snowed in Houston since we have lived in this house. It snowed here on Christmas Day several years ago, but we were out of town!! I was SO sad we missed it...so I was SO excited to get to see it snow this time. I was SO excited. Our usual Wednesday routine is to have dinner at Brandon and Beth's house before I go to handbell rehearsal. On our way to Brandon and Beth's, ice started to fall on the car. I was watching the temperature drop on the car's outside thermometer. We started the trip at 38 degrees and it dropped to 34 degrees by the time we got to B&Bs. While at B&B's, it started to snow. When I drove to handbells, it was snowing hard. When I left handbells, the snow was sticking. No one had forecasted snow, so we were not expecting it, which made it so much more exciting.

When I left handbells, I had to scrape the windows of my car. We don't have to do that here...so, I didn't have the right tools. But-my CVS card worked in a pinch. I had so much fun throwing snow off my windshield. I didn't even notice how cold I was getting.

Once I got home, I told Sean we had to go play in it. So, we had a snowball fight and took pictures. Again, first we had to get dressed. We just don't have clothes for this kind of thing. I had to remember where my gloves were--I don't think I have worn them in 5 or more years.

We agreed would would wait until the morning to wake up Stephen to play in the snow. The snow did melt some overnight, but, there was enough for Stephen to play in. Stephen learned about cold hands...

Everyone that built big snowmen still have some ice in their yards today-but-for everyone else-it's like it never happened. Everything is back to normal in this area. I think we're up to 60+ degrees today. We're expecting to be in the 70s this weekend. I guess that is probably the best way to do snow. I am also hoping to save money on gas and electricity this month....so the up and down weather helps a lot. The house is cool when it's warm outside and warm when it's cold outside with little power/heater help.

No comments: