Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I like Valentine's Day. I really do. I like red. I like spending time with the people close to me. I like celebrating love. And, I like that this holiday isn't too over the top and there's nothing to it musically for a bassoonist. It's a nice break from the Christmas ordeal.

We had our playgroup over for a craft and fun. Here are some pictures I took of my kids before all the other kids showed up:


The picture that is not the studio picture...but allows you to remember what babies do....my favorite kind of picture.




This picture that shows you what preschoolers do:



The studio picture. Sears would be proud of me, if only the background was solid:


My project this Valentine's day was to make a prayer quilt for a little boy named Kyle. Kyle is a son of a friend of a friend. Kyle's mother's boyfriend beat him up pretty badly. He will be 3 yrs old in March. He has already gone through 4 stomach surgeries. His bowel has been damaged. He will be in the hospital for a couple of months and then will have to go to rehab. He is alive, which some were afraid he would die. The man that hurt him is in jail awaiting trial for child abuse and attempted murder.
Here is the quilt I made him:



This is the first quilt I made him...but it fell apart in the wash! ACK!! Yes, that did NOT make me happy!




As for the actual Valentine's Day celebration for me and Sean...we bought dirt! LOL! We have had such a good time joking with each other about it. We are working on building a new garden. We were going to work on the garden during the kid's naps,..but, lo and behold...lightening and thunder. We are going to sit and watch things off of the DVR. WHOA. Sean still wanted to keep on keepin' on...but, we need to learn to sit and watch TV together on Saturday. I think this is going to be a good thing for us. The Grandparents are coming over tomorrow to watch the kids while we garden. We'll get that stuff done tomorrow.

And, my Valentine's flowers will hopefully grow in the yard and stay alive for a long time!

2 comments:

The Baxter Bunch said...

What great pictures of the boys, I especially like the last one-perfect. What a wonderful idea to make a prayer quilt for the little boy Kyle, we will pray for him & his mom.

Sara said...

The pictures are precious, the quilt is awesome... YOU ROCK! :)