Friday, February 27, 2009

That kid

We went grocery shopping at Kroger's today. I had to go to Kroger's because HEB was too far from the playground. I was afraid Joshua would fall asleep in the car after our long time at the playground.

The cashier asked if Stephen would like a leftover, about to deflate, Mardi Gras mylar balloon. I stated that he would like one. After she gave him one, she asked if the baby would like one too. At first I said he didn't because I was picturing having to take two kids, groceries and then two balloons out to the car on a windy day. However, Joshua started lunging at Stephen's balloon, so I asked her if I could please have one for the baby. They were both so happy coming home & Joshua did not fall asleep. He joyfully played peek-a-boo with Stephen using his balloon as a cover-up. I thought it was so cute that I took a picture when we got home:

Joshua likes to hold things. He likes to play with things in his hands. He has a strong preference for cords. My hands-free set for my cell phone is never safe if he is around. All toys with a cord to pull are his favorite. I won't even tell you how much I have to watch him around power cords...although he does a good job of holding the vacuum cord for me while I am holding him and vacuuming. Forget me wearing a hoodie with a string. And, once he has it, he is not going to let go of it. Since Stephen is getting better and better at snatching things from Joshua, Joshua is getting better and better about holding onto things.

So, after we got home, it was naptime for Joshua. He was holding the balloon and he was not going to let go.
He held onto the balloon as I nursed him. Yes-the balloon was right in my face. And, he held onto that balloon as I set him in the crib sound asleep:



I did have to take the balloon away after I took the picture, though. I was worried about the ribbon getting around his neck and I was worried about the noise of the balloon waking him up if he moved. He got angry and woke up when I took it away...but did end up taking a nice long nap.

Cutie Pie. This is a forever picture.

2 comments:

TG said...

happy mardi gras, joshua! i'm cracking up imaging you nursing with a balloon in your face...

The Schneiders said...

That's a good one!