Monday, February 09, 2009

Before 8 am

I love going back and watching old Stephen movies. It's surreal to watch Stephen so young. I am so glad I have videos of him so I can relive those moments. I want to be able to relive moments my kids are having now.

There are some great Joshua moves right now that I would love to get on camera. I am trying. This morning I had the camera rolling. I did not catch some of Joshua's current signature moves, but I did catch a lot of Stephen energy on tape. All of this was before 8am.

Having kids has changed me. Today before 8am, I had done my workout, gotten showered, gotten dressed, kissed Sean good-bye and then started this video. Before kids, I only got dressed because I had to be at work. I certainly never, ever cooked breakfast pre-kids! Now I have to get up that early if I want to get stuff done and have a relatively calm day.



Joshua today: Joshua is 8.5 months old. He is sleeping through the night. He will wake up at 4am to feed and go back to sleep until 6 or later, or, he just wakes up at 5am. Weissbluth is the man as his theories prove true in our house. We put Joshua to bed too late the other night and he woke up at 2am. It's weird, it's counter intuitive, but it's true. Babies that are up too late don't sleep better because they're more tired. They actually sleep worse.

Joshua is very into Gerber's Lil' crunchies. If I want him to eat anything, I better wait to show him the crunchies. I only bought them because I had a coupon. I may be buying them more often now! Joshua is so social. He is full of smiles and laughs. He has to coolest, most fun personality ever! If you haven't met him, you should!

Stephen today : Stephen tells us, "stay cool" when we leave his room for naps and bedtime. We are not sure where he picked this up, but we suspect he got it at school. Stephen and I worked on writing his name last week. If I write the 'S', he can finish writing his name now. We sent some Valentine's out to family today with a copy of his signature on it...so be looking for that in the mail. Stephen also loves the phrase "of course" right now and gave Aunt Beth an entire running dialog about everything in the living room. "Of course we have this..." etc. I love my boys. I have so much joy spending each day with them. Especially now that I am getting some sleep!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We got our Valentine and we LOOOVE it!!! It is so cute and thank you for sending that!! It is proudly displayed on the fridge!