Thursday, June 12, 2008

A New Understanding

I have a new understanding for why Moms say the things they do.
I have spent my first four days at home with two kids.
I now understand that it is hard to get a shower everyday.
If I do get a shower, I will probably only get make-up on or get my hair dry, but not both.
I now have a deeper understanding of exactly what it means to get two kids out of the door to go somewhere.
For four days, I have experienced both kids NOT napping at the same time. Oh wait, I lied, they napped at the same time yesterday...but, Stephen didn't actually fall asleep, so it made it hard for me to sleep. So, I didn't.

Two kids is a juggling act for sure, for sure. When I wake up in the morning, I hit the ground running and I don't stop. Since Joshua is a newborn, I can't really say it stops...ever. I don't get a lot of me time. I am not getting anything really useless done.

And-now-I must stop updating this blog. Stephen's reward snack of ice cream (he got 4 stickers on his reward chart) is done & now I must move him to the next activity...water play in the backyard while Joshua is asleep. BECAUSE-when Joshua wakes up, I will need to hold and nurse him & will need Stephen to self entertain at that time...not now. Juggling, non-stop action. Non-stop. NO time.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so proud of you! I'll be praying for you! You are doing great! There will be time for you again some day. I'm not really there yet, but I too will have time to myself again! We'll have to do lunch without kids in tow in a few years! :) Can we wait that long? Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the club! It get's easier.....sort of. Just keep in mind that you are doing a GREAT JOB!!