All of you that have multiple kids understand. All of you that don't have kids, or only one kid, you understand. Yesterday, since Sean was home, I opted for a three hour nap instead of doing anything productive, or anything useless.
Today, I rode my BIKE!!! Yay me! I finally got out my race bike, put on the special shorts and special shoes and got after it! I had to go in the heat of the afternoon, but I went! I did a short ride and stayed close to home with my cell phone...but, it was just like riding a bike! LOL!
Here are some recent pics:
Joshua, already learning how to take things in stride. All he is missing to be a grown man is a game and a beer.

He looks so cute sleeping, I had to snap this picture, too. He is a great sleeper. And, he's been on the same routine for about a week now. He wakes up around 6 (with Daddy), and drifts in and out of sleep until 8. Then, he fusses starting around 9, falling asleep somewhere between 10 and 10:30. Than he sleeps and sleeps. He wakes up sometimes during Stephen's nap or earlier and then again around dinner. He goes to bed, after fussing, at 8:30 ish. He wakes up around 2 and around 4 or 5. Repeat. He's a great baby. I feel I know his cues. I am starting to be right more than I am wrong on whether he's crying to nurse, to pass gas, or load his diaper...

Stephen always wants to hold Joshua. He is always excited when Joshua wakes up. He wants to be in the middle of everything. He doesn't verbalize any jealousy, but, I suspect a lot of his acting out lately is jealousy that he just can't put words to. However, because of the many horror stories as I have heard about siblings, I think Stephen is handling this really well. I am trying everyday to keep him really busy and keep my cool. Sometimes I am successful, sometimes I am not.

We went to church for this first last week & Stephen was looking so cute in the new shirt Aunt Lisa gave him. So, I had to take some pictures when we got home.

Joshua's fussy time in the morning lasts between 8:30 am and 10:30 am. He's not fussing the whole time, but, he has a short fuse. His temperment makes getting showered and dressed really difficult. Not only do I have hormones that exude a stink out of my body & make me sweat crazy at night, making showering or bathing a morning must, I also have a toddler that needs to be dressed and doesn't always like to do so. I found out this week that a bubble bath is the perfect solution. I get to be clean. Stephen gets to play in bubbles, and Joshua is soothed, or at least distracted, by the noise of the jets in the tub.

4 comments:
I can't believe how big he looks in that bouncy seat! Wow! :)
Joshua looks totally relaxed in the first pic!
Look at all the cute toots in this post! Lurve them. :C) See you soon!!!
love the bouncy pic. So BIG!
Post a Comment