Friday, June 06, 2008

First Doctor's Appt

Joshua is now up to 10 lbs, 4 oz. He left the hospital at 9 lbs, 2 oz, so, the doc told me I should feel very good about my supply. I have not wondered about my supply. In fact, I fed Joshua right before the doctor got in the room & Joshua managed to drool just right, leaving a nice wet spot on my shirt just below the boob. Embarrassing. He measured 21.5 inches at the appt., so, shorter than he was a birth. My guess is he is pretty much the same heighth wise, but measuring a newborn is tricky. Joshua likes to keep his legs curled up.

I have not mentioned that Joshua got a 9/10 on his APGAR at birth! A 10! My perfect baby. That's with an epidural! So, I am just going to believe that an epidural does not affect the wakefulness of the baby. Joshua was wide awake for a good hour + after birth and breastfed immediately.

Today my weight is one pound heavier than pre-pgcy weight. Maybe tomorrow I will wake up to pre-pgcy weight?

Tomorrow my Mom goes home. It has been really nice having her help. On Monday I will be on my own. I have a friend coming over and bringing her toddler and lunch to help the transistion. I am ready to hit this two kid thing on my own. It is hard. And, I have to say, it's hard in ways I did not plan on. I really can't believe I am posting on this blog today!

I hope to have a couple of pictures up tomorrow. Joshua really likes to sleep and sleep....

No comments: