Will wanted us all to look at him holding his sister.

More coming home pictures on Abby's website
Yes, it is true, Abby is already in her home with her Mommy and daddy. She made it home just after 24 hours of life!!
Abby was born at Clear Lake Regional. She was supposed to be born at St John's. But, St. John's is closed due to damage from the hurricane. So, Clear Lake Regional is picking up St. John's traffic, along with picking up traffic from the big, closed hospital in Galveston, and I believe the nurse even made mention of another hospital that was closed & sending laboring women to Clear Lake Regional. So, Clear Lake Regional was a ZOO!
I think Beth's doctor took one look at Beth in her post partum room and asked her if she would like to go home, after finding out that she did now have power in her home. Beth agreed.
Now, in any other circumstance, I would have told Beth that it might be wise to rest in a hospital and let the nurses take care of her...but not this hospital on this day. Beth was sharing a room. Her room was right by the nurses station, which had no less than 25 nurses buzzing around, talking about patients. It was LOUD and not restful. Beth's little quarters were not quiet, and her roomie was...interesting. She had to share a bathroom She did not suffer from any tears, so, her comfort was as good as it could be. So, her decision to just get home would be my decision, too.
Sean told me that once you fly first class, you can't go back. I think my hospital situations were first class, so, I may be a snob. My mother told me her post partum rooms were like Beth's. I just can't even IMAGINE sharing a bathroom with someone postpartum!! So, apparently I am a hospital snob. :-) I will say that Clear Lake Regional staff did a great job. It was loud, it was crowded, but it was great service. Impressive.

No comments:
Post a Comment