Friday, September 12, 2008

A Call for a new Weather Icon

Is this really a good representation of the weather in our area right now?



This is the same picture you see everyday. When I look at this picture, I feel like I am looking at the same, typical forecast you see everyday. But, this is far from everyday. In fact, this cute little icon for wind and rain is not what you expect to see for a storm that has caused us to drive to another city to avoid. I need something that helps me picture possible damage to my home. I think the weather community needs to contact the NFL logo creators to come up with something. A picture of a cloud with bloody lips holding a sledgehammer...that would be more like it. That would be a better picture for what I see is going on in our area...but I am only watching it carefully on TV from miles and miles away.

Perhaps someone with some good computer programs could work with these two pictures to come up with something better:

+

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is a VERY good point. I wondered why they didn't use the little hurricane swirl in the box for Saturday.

Maybe instead of calling it a hurricane swirl we should call it the hurricane swastika.