Am I ready? Am I really ready to turn my son over to someone else for five hours? Am I really ready to let someone else teach him things? Am I ready for him to come home and say things and do things & not know exactly what happened? No. I am not ready.
Of course, tonight is the night before preschool. I can see him in the video monitor sleeping soundly & everyone knows that is when your child looks the best...when they are asleep. I don't want someone else to have time with him. I want all of his time. Stephen looks like a little angel and always has since birth. He's always had a face that I have called the "porcelain doll" look. My stress about school right now is high. It's the night before. I have put his school stuff together. We took a big shirt & decorated it earlier today to be his art shirt. Daddy took him shopping tonight for a new backpack. We played school tonight with Daddy to practice going to school & reminding him that Mommy will come pick him up. I have printed out a picture of us to put in his lunchbox. I feel like I have done everything I can--except realize that my child is no longer just mine. I am slowly not going to influence his life completely. Other people are going to come into his life. I have to back off. It's hard. I want him to grow up to be confident and successful. I know this is all part of giving him the opportunity to grow that way. Thank goodness I am dropping him off and going straight to the church for my Moms support group meeting.
I am trying to make myself think about him banging. That's his newest Mommy annoyance tactic. He bangs on everything, especially when I am trying to get Joshua to sleep. If I think about the banging, I am more at peace with sending him to preschool. At school, he won't be bored enough to bang. Someone else has the time and talent to keep him entertained & keep him learning so we won't have a chance to bang. I am sure that his teacher will never know that banging is even a problem in this household right now.
I am saying a prayer that the teacher be given the love to keep Stephen content at school. I pray that Stephen finds a happy place there. I pray that the other children are influenced by Stephen well and that they interact well with Stephen.
I also pray that Joshua can deal with all the Mommy that is about to fall on him...because...his little world is still all me.
Thank God for all the blessings that I have in my life...that this is the stressful thing. What a blessing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi Amy,
I will keep Stephen & you in our prayers today as Stephen starts preschool. See you at MOMS group.
Jacqueline
Thanks for sharing your heart! It will get easier in some ways and in other ways it gets... different... :) So excited to see you every week, but so sad Colton won't see Stephen. I know he will love school! :)
Post a Comment