Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Home

We got home today! To a lovely house. My house has never looked so good! In fact, my whole neighborhood looks good.
My neighbor on one side already fixed the fence that was down. we need to work with the neighbor on the other side to fix a leaning fence.

I cleared everything out of the fridge and freezer. That took a little longer than I thought it would. I didn't remember that we had popsicles in the freezer. they melt into a lovely sludge & re-freeze even more beautifully!

The Fly lady (some of you know what I am talking about) talks about cleaning your sink every night & that makes you feel good. Well, for me, cleaning the minivan & pulling it into the garage makes my day. So, my beautiful minivan has been returned to sparkling clean & is in the garage, & all the stuff that was in the garage has returned to the backyard.

All of my neighbors are home and I feel like I am at home and nothing happened. Even driving into town, there was very little evidence that Ike tore through here a couple of days ago. But, there are rescues teams and trucks that say disaster relief and trucks pulling in generators, "Feed the Children" trucks set up in a church parking lot, and many blue tarps on roofs.

So, we are really lucky here. We came home, reorganized, and we're going on with life. Things inside our house are normal & I really hope Joshua will sleep like normal, too!!!!

SO, since things are so normal, I feel very strongly that God is calling us to go out and help. Our church is doing some organized efforts to help, so, I plan on doing that tomorrow. Tomorrow's job is apparently to do work at our church campus. Because there has been ceiling damage, kids are not allowed inside the building, so, Joshua, Stephen and I will help clean debris off the parking lot for as long as we can. The weather is GORGEOUS, so, it will be a great activity.

1 comment:

Sara said...

So great to see you at church this morning! Can't wait to do lunch after MOMS like normal! :)