Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Day 4

Today we went to Animal Kingdom. This was my first trip to Animal Kingdom. Before today, people's reactions to Animal Kingdom didn't lead me to believe it was a must see. However, I thought it was a good trip. It was really good with kids. I wish all zoos could afford to display animals as beautifully as Disney. The animals look healthy and beautiful. Perhaps they are just well-bred....but, it's a far cry from Alvin's Wildlife Bayou and their Zonkey and Beefalo. This is kind of an inside joke....

**sidenote** Maegan-that is just wild that Kelly saw me!

Anyways, I did not catch the spirit of our trip in photos today.
First off, we met up with one of my online girls at the safari ride. Janet and I met in person for the first time after talking online for 6 years. Janet is just as great in person as she is online. Her son, Justin, and Stephen hit it off quickly and got into a tickle game while we waited in line. Bo, her husband, was awesome and supportive about meeting an "online girl." He got some photos I will have to get from them later.

Next, Sean and I rode a roller coaster. Dennis was kind enough to get us some fast passes while we waited in line for the safari. Dennis used everyones tickets to get fast passes, so, Sean and I got to ride twice. The second time we posed for the picture. I sniffed my armpit and he did a fake "scared silly" pose. It came out hilarious...but..we didn't want to buy the smallest, cheapest package at $28. SO, again, no pic. Sean laughed that we probably ruined someone else's Disney momento pic with our action.

Onto the pics we did get:
Animal Kingdom's version of the Dumbo ride

Stephen playing in the sand in an excavation site. Thankfully it wasn't sand, sand. It was fine gravel. Again, Disney Genius.

Joshua playing in the sand.

More pics-



So today we stayed out a little later. Joshua through off the balance of the day by taking a nap on the way to the parks. So, he got a nap in the park, too...so, we stayed a little later. We still didn't see everything. Now the kids are starting to show signs of being worn out. SO, we stayed home this afternoon and put the kids to bed early.

No comments: