Today we visited the Magical Kingdom. Today was our test run, at least, that is how I treated it. I didn't know how the kids would do, how the routine would go...so, we figured it out. Hopefully we'll have a good groove tomorrow. Actually things didn't go too bad today.
This biggest thing Sean and I have to perfect is the morning routine. How to get out the door with everything. We are saving money this trip, so, we eat breakfast at the rent house, and take a lunch to the park. So, really that means that we were crazy this morning. In fact, we left the house and realized we had forgotten our Disney tickets altogether. I guess it could have been worse. We could have forgotten a kid :-) So, here are a couple of pictures of us standing outside the park waiting for Sean's parents to arrive with the tickets:
A tour through Minnie's house gave us this picture. This is Stephen, Sean and Joshua along with Grandma and Grandpa. Also pictured is Sean's Aunt, Mary Marsha. Stephen liked Minnie and Mickey's house. He really, really liked to watch the cake cook in Minnie's oven. In fact, he liked it so much so that he kept trying to go back to the oven to watch it, interrupting the flow of the crowd. He didn't care that I was fishing through people to get to him :-)
*not pictured--Joshua fell asleep in "it's a small world." I am going to ride that ride again tomorrow at about morning nap time! LOL! He did great until we went to the 4D theater afterwards. Christie, also on this trip with us, joked about the 4D theater as the place you go to terrorize your kids. Joshua woke up and Stephen and Brenna absolutely lost it. Cute. It is a movie for "all ages."
After Minnie and Mickey's house tour, we rode Mickey's train back to the front of the park so we could head home for naps. We then got on the monorail to the parking lot. Then we got on the tram to the car. Then we drove to the house,...about a 30 minute process. However, we are in a 7 bedroom house. So, the kids have their own place to sleep, we have a kitchen for all the food. When we got home, after naps, we had an early dinner before hitting the park again. I spent a grand total of $3.10 in the park today. SO, on site, off site? I don't have a strong opinion yet.
The afternoon trip to Magic Kingdom started off well. Stephen really got into the park atmosphere after we attended the Monsters Inc Interactive show. You can txt message your own joke to the cast to be used in the show. So, Stephen and I txted Stephen's knock, knock joke and they used it at the first joke in the segment! AND-Joshua got up on the screen! They made some comment about the cute little human and said something about not unplugging him because he might get scared (comment about the pacifier!) It was fun!
Riding Dumbo with Daddy:
Riding the carousel with Grandpa:
Riding cars with Mommy:

4 comments:
Looks like you're having a great time! Wow... $3.10! That's amazing!
So glad you made it! Have an awesome time! Tell Mickey Hi from the Leimkuehler family! :)
How fun that Monsters Inc used your joke. We'll have to try that next time. Ellie loved the Monsters Inc show, too.
Looks like you guys had a great time! I wish we could have been there with you... maybe next time? Anyway, what's up with the matching outfits? Is that so you can say "he's wearing a shirt just like this"?
Post a Comment