Friday, May 01, 2009

It Feels Good

I had a friend tell me that she was surprised I didn't have everything highly planned out for the Disney trip. Indeed, I have not laid out any plans for anyday that we are there. Are plan is going to be to go with the flow everyday. It may not be the best plan to maximize our time at Disney, but, hopefully it will be the way we can make it with an 11th month old.

It does make me feel a little crazy that I haven't had the time to sit down and overly organize. I like things in order. So, today I have gotten things in order. I can't tell you how good it feels to do this:



That's right, I have everyday of the kids' clothes laid out. They are semi-matching. Now, when we get there, my hope is other people can get the kids dressed and I won't have to communicate every detail. I can just be in the bathroom doing my Mary Kay routine to prevent sun aging to my face. LOL! I haven't been able to organize anything this higly in a long, long time....it feels so good.

There are some labels and no clothes-that's because Aunt Beth is out shopping for us! She has been a wonderful help getting ready today. She came and helped me finish a quilting project, helped with laundry, lent us some of Will's clothes, and is now helping complete Joshua's wardrobe. Yay for Beth in our lives!

And, here is TMI-guys, you might want to stop reading.
Girls-this is horrible. Just right now I went to the bathroom. I have started my period TODAY. That means our first day at Disney will be a heavy, heavy day for me. We're talking a super tampon every hour and a half. Great. Just great. Ugh.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I am impressed with how organized you are! :) I need to do this the next time we take a vacation... good tip! I'm sure you guys will have a great time (despite the untimeliness of your "monthly visitor")... You'll have to post pics when you get back!

Emily said...

Now THIS is the Amy I know... SUPER organized! :) So glad that Beth was able to help you out today... what a great sister-in-law! Hope you guys have an absolute BLAST!!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see the pictures!

Sara said...

Ok... you win! :) Organizational Queen! I'm going to have Tom look at this post so he doesn't think I'm crazy! :)