Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Disney Day 3

Today we went to Disney Hollywood.
For those of you planning a trip to Disney, you have to ride the Toy Story ride. It is super cool. You have to get a fastpass quickly in the morning. The line was one hour today, but, we had a fast pass to get in. They were out of fast passes by noon.
It about the coolest family ride ever. Joshua rode on my lap. Such a cool ride, yet, you still get to hold your baby. GENIUS Disney people! Mommies like me like to have their babies with them at all times. However, Sean and I did leave the kids with the grandparents today so we could ride the Aerosmith ride...which is my favorite high-thrill roller coaster of all time. I love the high acceleration rides.

Me and my kids getting ready to see Muppets 3D. Joshua did have his own glasses-but-his glasses are the ones Mommy has...ALWAYS. Sean was able to snap this pic before Joshua got my trendy 3D glasses. This trick of his has been hard on these bright sunny days!

On the way out of the park, the grandparents bought Joshua the balloon he has been "asking" for with baby sign language. They bought Stephen one so Stephen would be less likely to snatch Joshua's. Yes, I did have a baby nursing later with balloon in hand. LOL! Stephen is holding the "fan with 3 blades" that I bought him earlier in the day. This is his souvenir. My plan failed me. I bought some $1.50 fans at Wal-Mart before the trip knowing that they sold these things. I thought I would save money. However, I created an addiction instead. Goodness. This boy loves these fans. This one has a squirt bottle, so, I am picturing him in the backyard playing by himself sometimes with this new gadget...maybe? Please?

Joshua is so cute! Today's in-park nap was much harder. No "it's a small world" type rides here!


This was probably the best time Stephen had in the park. We were in Honey, I shrunk the kids playground area. There is a giant super soaker that squirts water out every once and awhile. Stephen had the best time running away from the water and never getting wet. I finally held him in the water so he would get wet & then he spent the rest of the time getting wet. He was laughing and having the best time. I would say the 2nd best thing for him was the Playhouse Disney show. He watched it with silent, but constant focus. I really thought he would come unglued when he saw Handy Manny-but-he didn't. He just sat and took it all in. They had the cutest short-sleeved Handy Manny shirt, but, I resisted the purchase. It was rugby-style.


YIkes! Disney's earnings are down 46%. I just heard that on the news. Well, we got our money out today. :-) Balloons, fan, shakes, shirt,...hmmm...I think that's it.

Now, the funniest portion of our day happened after Disney. Today's dinner plan was to go out. We went to Longhorn Steakhouse...or something like that. The kids meals came with orange slices. Joshua grabbed his and just started sucking away. I watched him for awhile and saw that he was fine with this new food. I looked over awhile later and noticed he was getting some peel, so, I took it away. EXTREME CRYING came from that baby. He was UPSET. SO, I gave him the other orange slice that was on his plate. He sucked that one down, so, again, I had to take it away to avoid too much peel eating. He was TICKED at me. SO, I begged Stephen to please give me his orange slices. Joshua got this one in his hand the wrong way, so he was eating peel initially, so, I tried to switch the orientation of the orange in his hand. MELT DOWN. The kid likes oranges in a major way apparently. Usually I would think this was an overtired thing, but, we had dinner early, pretty soon after he woke up & he was fine the rest of the evening. So, I think it's oranges. Wow.

2 comments:

The Schneiders said...

did i mention i really wish i was there?!? : ) My best friend, Kelly Benoit, was just at disney & she saw you & recognized you. the most ironic part is that it was at "it's a small world" - how true! what are the chances? have fun tomorrow!

TG said...

sounds like y'all are having a blast! loves seeing the pics.