Thursday, May 01, 2008

37 weeks

Full term by the medical definition! Can you believe it? By looking at my latest belly pic, it is visually clear I am full term.

This pregnancy 37 weeks:


37 weeks last pregnancy:


This week I have had many friends have their babies! Everyone who got a BFP (for those of you not on the internet a lot, BFP stands for Big Fat Positive, refering to a pregnancy test positive) right before me has now had their baby. I am next in line.

I have mixed emotions at this point, just like any pregnant woman. I look forward to meeting this baby. I look forward to revisiting life with a baby. On the other hand, I look forward to losing the belly. And just as I say that, I think to myself, I enjoy being pregnant and will miss that I don't plan to travel this road again. Well, I miss the late 2nd trimester part of being pregnant. The part where people can tell you are pregnant, yet, you still have energy and feel pretty comfortable and can feel the baby moving. Late 3rd trimester is not something I will miss. LOL!

I am mostly scared about the lack of sleep headed my way. I don't do sleepless nights well. I am a person in need of 8 hrs a night.

Okay. Rambling has begun.

Just to have it in my blog for memories later:

The biggest discomfort I have is in my pelvic area. This pregnancy I am most comfy sleeping on my right side. However, when I need to rollover, my pelvic area really, really hurts. The other night, something popped down there, which is not uncommon. It's scary and it hurts. I look forward to solid hips again!

First doctor's exam is tomorrow!