Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Green Banana

Picture at 39wks, 5days. I took this because I felt maybe the baby had changed positions and I wanted to see if I had "dropped." possibly...

That is how I picture my cervix-a green banana.

Yesterday I went to the doctor for an exam. He said I had not dilated at all & that my cervix was long and hard still. I wasn't too surprised because I had not had any contractions that felt like they could power anything to happen. He told me that he had tentatively set me up for an induction on Thursday, but the induction would be hard because I was so "green." So, this is where my green banana comes from. I need to ripen.

The doctor gave me the choice to go through with a Thursday induction, or wait. I decided to wait. I would really like to give this baby a chance to come on his own...and see what God's plan is without the aid of drugs. However, I only get until Tuesday. If there is no baby by Tuesday, I go to be induced. We have a plan. There will actually be a baby at the end of this road. Sometimes it still feels like I am living in this gigantic fairy tale and the last pages might just be skipped.

Before all decisions were made final, the doctor wanted to check the baby with ultrasound. Baby did indeed move so he was laying on my left side, with his head over my right leg. I was more comfortable with him in this position..but I think he has moved again. The doctor told me to lay on my right side a lot..which is funny because that is all I do because that is the only way I am comfortable and can breathe. Monday night was the only night I was comfortable on my left side.

So-baby's head needs to slip over, engage & then put some pressure on my green banana & get this show on the road.