Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Final Stats

My husband came home yesterday and announced that one of his work friend's wife had their baby. I made a sarcastic remark like, "when was her due date? Mid-June?" I will regret that comment forever because she did have her baby early, at 33 weeks pregnant. So, her baby will have some time in the NICU, but the outlook is good and the baby seems healthy. But, their stress is real. I am quite sure leaving the hospital and leaving your baby behind is hard. I am happy and thankful to be holding onto my baby through what has been a non-dramatic, healthy pregnancy so far...even if it seems it might go on forever.

Now that I have said that, I think it is only fair to wrap up the stats today. Since a small portion of people go beyond 40 wks now, I don't think it's fair that I should have to compare weight gain and size past 40 weeks. SO, we'll wrap it up today.

Today I have gained 27 pounds by my scale. My doctor's last record showed a gain of 28 pounds. I got a belly measurement of 47 in. I don't really know what it was before...I really want this measurement to use to compare to post-partum. I am picturing myself taking belly pics throughout the postpartum times because the concept seems unique and real. Lots of people take preggo belly shots-but-who really keeps a record of postpartum belly shots?



The plan for tomorrow:
I am going to mow the lawn. Maybe that will induce labor if it hasn't started on it's own!!!